Anglesey Ward and Association Officer
As a resident of Anglesey for over 40 years I care about the community, services and people at the heart of this ward. I will work hard to put your needs first, to get you the best deal and to put the needs of Anglesey at the top of Gosport Borough Councils agenda. With your support we can improve the lives of all who live here.
As an Engineer I have had to analyse and find solutions to all manner of problems, which I believe would help me in trying to resolve problems for the constituents of Anglesey.
- Born in Gosport and lived here ever since
- Educated at the local schools, Alverstoke and Privett
- Choir boy and Server at Alverstoke Church
- Spent my teen years at the Brodrick Hall Youth Club
- Apprenticed in Portsmouth Dockyard
- Senior Procurement Engineer at IBM
- Grew up in Park Road
- Married Judy in 1973, now with 3 grown up children and 4 grandchildren
- Lived in Clayhall Road from 1977 to 1985
- Have lived in Long Water Drive since 1985
My voluntary work:
- School Governor at Alverstoke Infant School for eight years
- Committee member of Friends of Stokes Bay
- Committee member of Gosport Neighbourhood Watch
- Member of Gosport Society (local history)
- Volunteer at National Motor Museum, Beaulieu.
- Former Chairman of Gosport Conservative Association.
My personal beliefs:
- Lifelong Conservative supporter.
- “Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools”
- A large dose of “common sense” is needed in public life, especially Health and Safety.
- Bureaucracy and “targets” need to be challenged and reduced.
- “Managing money” is not rocket science and “cost savings” should be a way of life.
- Political correctness has gone too far.
- Immigration needs to be controlled
- Fully supportive of BREXIT
- Negative campaigning is not helpful and turns off voters from engaging in politics, whether local or national.
- I entered politics to help the community I live in.
|Anglesey 2018 Borough Elections Leaflet 1||1.06 MB|