Local MP Caroline Dinenage is calling on schools, businesses and community groups to help tidy up our local area ahead of HM The Queen's 90th Birthday.
"Clean for The Queen" brings together all the anti-litter organisations from the UK and aims to get people involved in Britain's largest litter pick. Community groups including parish councils, residents' associations, Girlguides and Scouts, as well as businesses and schools are encouraged to organise their own litter pick, or clean up, in the coming weeks, or on "Clean for The Queen" weekend, 4 to 6 March 2016.
There are many Clean Ups taking place across the Gosport constituency including;
- Joining of Car park Haslar Road and Haslar Lake shoreline; Saturday 5 March 2916, 10am to 11:30am.
- Gosport Ferry, at South Street, Gosport, Hampshire, PO12 1EP; Saturday 5 March 2016, 10am to midday.
- Splash Pool, Stokes Bay; Saturday 5 March 2016, 10am to midday.
- Olympia Amusements, Centre of the Promenade, Lee-on-the-Solent; Saturday 5 March 2916, 10am to 1pm.
- Hill Head Beach, Salterns Car Park at the Rotary Club; Saturday 5 March 2916, 10:30am to midday.
"This is a great opportunity to make sure we get our area neat and tidy in time for HM The Queen's official 90th birthday on 21 April. Although the big litter pick will take place over 4, 5 and 6 March, people can get involved whenever they like.
It is the support and action people are taking, and not the dates, which are important. It is great to see we have so many local events arranged already and I really hope people in Gosport, Lee on the Solent, Stubbington & Hill Head will get involved so together we can help mark this momentous occasion."
Further information, including how to register your own clean-up event, can be found at www.cleanforthequeen.co.uk.